Simon Vs The homo sapiens agenda
I have been meaning to read this Simon Vs the homo sapiens agenda for so long that now it feels it has been existing for me like forever.
And just when the trailer came out I knew I had to, had to read this book before anything and everything, it doesn’t matter if the world shuts down and burns itself to ashes. UH NO.
For the people who think whatever I have written here is gibberish, please please watch the trailer here:
Now. AM I MAKING SENSE?
IS THE WORLD MAKING SENSE?
LEAVE EVERYTHING AND JUST GO AHEAD READ THIS BOOK or if nothing else just watch the film. It is important, this story is important to be heard/ read or at-least watched by everyone.
“White shouldn’t be the default any more than straight should be the default. There shouldn’t even be a default.”
What is Simon Vs The homo sapiens agenda all about?
“I fall a little bit in love with everyone.”
Sixteen-year-old and not-so-openly gay Simon Spier prefers to save his drama for the school musical. But when an email falls into the wrong hands, his secret is at risk of being thrust into the spotlight. Now Simon is actually being blackmailed: if he doesn’t play wingman for class clown Martin, his sexual identity will become everyone’s business. Worse, the privacy of Blue, the pen name of the boy he’s been emailing, will be compromised.
With some messy dynamics emerging in his once tight-knit group of friends, and his email correspondence with Blue growing more flirtatious every day, Simon’s junior year has suddenly gotten all kinds of complicated. Now, change-averse Simon has to find a way to step out of his comfort zone before he’s pushed out—without alienating his friends, compromising himself, or fumbling a shot at happiness with the most confusing, adorable guy he’s never met.
My review Simon Vs The homo sapiens agenda
Now that I have stated everything- I would also like to add, even though the book is amazing, the storyline is pure and you will have a gala time reading the book- I couldn’t really connect with the characters. Which is the only reason why the book stands have been given a four-star rating from my side?
To also support my point– I am not a teenager anymore or at-least my age says so and hence. Ah, saying this out loud makes life much better.
“I try not to change, but I keep changing, in all these tiny ways…And every freaking time, I have to reintroduce myself to the universe all over again.”
That being said– The book is so freaking adorable, happy and lovely– so lovely that it also suffocates you with the purity and maybe envious of SIMON and of-course the Oreos. I mean I can’t even think of having fried Oreos the thought itself has made me gain like 20 KGs. 🙁
What is so great about the book? Why are people freaking out about? what makes it so so lovable and cute?
I have your answers, I do. I am like Yoda with Katniss personality — you see what I did there? 😉
“Wow, is that Katniss making out with Yoda?”
- SIMON: You are one person I want in my life desperately, that being said you know how great of a character he is.
- The emails. I MEAN, they weren’t how generally after a time emails become, you know? cheesy? the ones which have a lot of cute in it and makes you wonder why are you single or maybe why you don’t have anybody to talk, the ones that make you feel lonely or break a very good relationship you have? yeah, those? These email exchanges will not do that to you but rather make you a better person. A good person. 🙂
- SIMON’S FAMILY. Oh my god. How are they so supportive? How are they just who they are? I need such people in my life, I want to become like them.
- It made me super happy. Yes, it did. I did kind of leave my work to sit on my couch and just read.
- Maturity. I mean yeah the content was for teenagers, yeah it was about teenagers but the situations have been dealt with so much maturity. Especially in the case of Martin. I applaud Becky for that.
- Love, friendships and family. This is what our world is made up of, this is what made the book, this was what made it so epic.
- Oreos. Do I even need to explain this?
- I love when it is not just one genre it is just so much more than that– this book was I loved how it was part mystery, part friendship book, part discovering your identity and just…
So yeah.. that is all I have! What do you think of it? What did you like of the story? Which part specifically?
Rating: 4/5 stars
You can buy the book here if you want.