Favourite quotes: The Bitter Pill Social Club By Rohan Dahiya
Recently I was honored to receive a copy of the much-awaited book by Bloomsbury, which is also our story of the month (for the month of May), The Bitter pill social club by Rohan Dahiya.
Before I share my review with you guys, I wanted to post some of my favorite quotes/ excerpts from the book from itself.
All the good stuff!
- They fit together in a way that air shied away from passing between them. And then he didn’t let go. So she didn’t let go. Her head shifted, he felt her nose brush the skin of his neck. His hand slid down her back gently and he pulled her closer like they couldn’t get close enough, wouldn’t till their bodies became one. It was weird. It wasn’t the right time. But it felt good.
- But wasn’t that why the nights were made? To make all the bad decisions.
- The night was long and full of errors.
- “Do you want some Uncle Chips?” He beamed at her, “That’s the best things anyone’s ever said to me in my life.”
- Was this adulthood she mused, because so far everything was just a shitstorm. An ever-growing shitstorm.
- She bought him a red rose even though it had wilted from being carried around all day, weary from being thrust into car windows and other couples.
- We trust that we have raised good children. We trust that we have taught you from right to wrong, we trust that you will make good choices and learn from your failures.
- No dinner for you until you are drunk.
Well, those were some from the book.
Fun fact: Did you know there is a playlist attached to the book? Yes! Here is the link for you to go and listen!
Gift yourself The bitter pill social club. Buy your copy here: