Trailer Discussion: Avengers: Infinity War
AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR
AND IT IS HERE. INFINITY WAR’S TRAILER IS HERE.
OH, MY GOD.
WATCH THIS BEFORE I START MUMBLING AND BUMBLING THINGS.
AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR TRAILER:
I know. I know. Pretty intense, right?
Oh, How much I love this time of the year. All the good news, First we get Incredibles 2 trailer, then we have Wizards Unite, all the Harry Potter Discussions, all the good film in the kitty, Murder on the Orient Express, the other one obviously being Thor, which of course was by the great Marvel Studios & Disney and oh how can we forget the near release date of Star Wars!! :O Not only that one of my most awaited film, THE MAN WHO INVENTED CHRISTMAS. Oh TRULY CHRISTMAS SPIRIT!
I am biased but I would say it is going to crush DC. Justice League is going to stand nowhere near this one.
Getting into the trailer.
As I have already spoken about and will say it again (Read my Avengers: Infinity War discussion here.), Disney and Marvel have been building towards this for a long time, they have planned, have been really patient and laid off the foundation so well that I don’t think Thanos stands a chance in any way!
Marvel has been teasing that this movie will shake up the MCU in a big way. Well? The amount of cast is already taking up all the space and I literally have no idea whom to admire first?
Avengers: Infinity War hits theatres on May 4, 2018. I don’t want to skip December but this trailer makes me want to!!
It’s directed by Anthony and Joe Russo, who previously helmed Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Captain America: Civil War.
I don’t want to end my discussion here. Let’s break down the trailer and see what can we get from it. It sure had it’s intense and comic moments.
FIRST OF ALL THAT VOICE OVER.
There was an Idea..To bring together a group of remarkable people,
To see if we could become something more, so when they needed us, we could fight the battles, that they never could.
Then we have Thanos.
In time, You know what it’s like to lose,
To feel so desperately that you are right yet to fail all the same time,
Dread it. Run from it. Destiny still arrives.
Black Panther comes along.
Evacuate the city, engage all defences and get this man a shield.
And back to Thanos.
Fun isn’t something one considers when balancing the universe.
But this, haha does put a pretty smile on my face.
Who the hell are you guys? (Well you know the best crew ever?)
- Tony Stark, looking very defeated and mostly not in his suit, how is he so serious? Why is he so serious? WHAT THE GOD DAMN.
- Wanda “Scarlett Witch” Maximoff and Vision in a rather nice-looking bedroom. It looks like they are likely romantically involved. No doubt Vision was there for Wanda after the traumatic loss she suffered in Civil War. And it seems he’s adopted a human facade as part of their relationship but then we see Thanos hurting Vision and DAMN IT DON’t DO THAT TO WANDA.
- Hulk our poor Hulk has the same expression, it could be again that he defeated Thanos and is confused, it could be he is the one who is ending things? Ah!
- Inside Doctor Strange’s Sanctum Sanctorum, Strange, Wong, Banner, and Stark turn away from the destruction of the house to investigate something outside. As Tony opens the door you can see people running by in a panic and police sirens. There are so many things, small details. I have got to watch this 100 time to bring out all the details.
- A strange circular structure is floating in the sky. Which gave Peter Parker goosebumps– by the way that was an excellent shot and a terrific cut!
- Thanos is travelling light and not wearing the elaborate armour and helmet we’ve seen him in previously. He looks around, surveying the place, and then smirks ever so slightly. Is Loki responsible for bringing Thanos to Earth? We do see him with the Tesseract with a guilty expression on his face but yet still offering it to someone.. what do you think guys?
- Who is Black Panther talking about giving the shield to? Is it Iron Man? But why will he need one? But we don’t see his suit much? The other is, of course, Captain America, also his character is introduced just after this cut.
- Notable absences from this trailer are Hawkeye, Ant-Man, Wasp, and Nebula, who are confirmed to be in the film, but just not featured here.
SO did I miss something?
What do you think of the trailer?
Are you excited? Let’s talk!